Billing Beginnings is an in-depth training focused on providing fundamentals of billing and coding to Federally Qualified Health Center and Rural Health Clinic staff members. This virtual four-session event will address comprehensive details of revenue cycle processes including billing and insurance terminology, claim form completion requirements, diagnosis and procedural coding, claims adjudication steps and more! This interactive training provides practical examples for hands-on learning and covers information to grow skills essential for today’s billing personnel.
The curriculum is knowledge-intensive, discussing the fundamentals while allowing for interaction and is ideal for new billing staff or seasoned staff looking to review or refresh their understanding.
During this training, attendees will spend time in classroom instruction, group activities and exercises to supplement the curriculum. Attendees should be prepared to participate and have access to both a microphone and camera to benefit from the full training experience.
• Introduction to Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) from a billing perspective
• Various types of health care insurance plans
• Definitions of common billing and insurance terminology including abbreviations
• Introduction to Coordination of Benefits
• Overview of revenue cycle areas
• Review of Health Center Program Compliance Manual Chapter 16 Billing and Collections
• Introduction to International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) Coding
• Overview of Current Procedural Terminology, Fourth Edition (CPT-4) Coding
• Claim forms (CMS-1500 and UB-04)
• How Claims are Processed
• Denial Follow-up Strategies
Presenter: Rebekah Wallace Pardeck, CMPE, CPC®, CPCO™
*Tentative agenda, timing subject to change.
Click Here to view presenter bio